• Help cool occupants by increasing air movement during day time.
• Cool the structure of building using cooler air normally available at night.
• Plan the siting of building openings to enhance natural ventilation.
• Investigate the use of wing walls to improve air flow through openings.
• Allow stack effect flow paths to produce ventilation air movement.
• Consider the use of solar chimneys to enhance stack air movement.
• Wind towers and wind catchers can be used to derive additional air flow.
• Internal fans - box, oscillating and ceiling types - should be available when alternative air flow is insufficient.
Was this article helpful?
Global warming is a huge problem which will significantly affect every country in the world. Many people all over the world are trying to do whatever they can to help combat the effects of global warming. One of the ways that people can fight global warming is to reduce their dependence on non-renewable energy sources like oil and petroleum based products.